Saturday, November 20, 2021

Easy Money

there was a joe
he was leanin’ on the back door
couple jills
with their eyes on a couple bills
their eyes was statin’
they was waitin’
to get their hands on some easy money

so they flipped a dime
one said "I’ll take heads this time"
one stepped up
one stepped back
one loosened her shoulder strap
she couldn’t speak
her knees got weak
she could almost taste that easy money

yes there was a old black cat
and he was sittin’ in a old black cadillac
and this joe smelled sweet
so she curled up at her boyfriend’s feet
she said "i got a plan
listen, sam, how’d ya like to make some easy money?"
he said, "yeah! oh yeah!
just tell me what you want me to do" she said, "baby, you can trust me baby, but you must be hidin’ in my room at a quarter to two"
cat told the boy
"come up the room and play with my toy"
jill set the bait
she wasn’t gonna sit around and wait
but this guy got wise to the lies
flies out the door
with that easy money

'cause there ain’t no man
who got money in his hand
who got into that bread
bein’ slow in the head
the easier it looks
the harder it hooks
well there ain’t no such thing as easy money

saturday night
there was a terrible, terrible fight
between two dames losin’ the same game
it wasn’t clear but I hear
they was both lookin’ for some easy money