Wednesday, December 15, 2021

Red Guitar

Here's Loudon Wainwright III with a song of the class we used to call "scorpions".

All the sting is in the tail, and the rest of it seems designed solely for the purpose of carrying the tail around.

You will enjoy this!



Used to have a red guitar
till I smashed it one drunk night
Smashed it in the classic form
as Peter Townshend might
Threw it in the fireplace
I left it there awhile
Kate she started crying
when she saw my sorry smile

Red guitar was made of wood
It could not take the heat
Red guitar it caught on fire
and the damage was complete
It burned until all that was left
was six pegs and six strings
Kate she said, "You are a fool.
You've done a foolish thing."

Placed the remains in the case
and I put the case away
Went to New York City
for a new guitar the next day
I bought myself a blond guitar
I had it for three days
Some junkie stole my blond guitar
God works in wondrous ways